Ingredientsservings 157 cals
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Stir in KELLOGG'S* RICE KRISPIES* cereal until well coated. Using lightly buttered spatula, press into buttered 3.5 L (13x9-inch) pan.
- Allow mixture to cool. Cut into bars. Best if served same day.
- Microwave Directions:
- 1. In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- 2. Stir in vanilla. Stir in KELLOGG'S* RICE KRISPIES* cereal until well coated. Using lightly buttered spatula, press into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9-inch) pan.
- 3. Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- For chewier bars, use an extra cup of miniature marshmallows or about 8 regular marshmallows.
- In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg's* products. Results with other products may vary.
- *© 2008, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.
Per Serving: 157 calories; 3.8 g fat; 30.9 g carbohydrates; 1.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 191 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 80
The vanilla is the key ingredient to the BEST marshmallow treats! These are much better than the plain original (no vanilla) recipe, trust me.
These were great! Haven't made them since I was a kid. Add a little cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice for a nice holiday flavor.(says my grandmother)
YUM! I love to make these. So much cheaper than buying them pre-made. Much better made with butter.
MARSHMALLOW CREME CONVERSION! YAY! one jar of creme to 7 cups rice Krispies. OR take about 4 TB of creme out jar to the original recipe of 6 cups of rice Krispies. YUMMY! not dry, but not to w...
My roommate and I thought it would be a good idea to add a bag of Heath to the recipe... The only word that justifies our creation was orgasmic!
made 1 batches, 2nd batch sprinkled chocolate chips into batter.....yummmmmmm!
Superb! Real vanilla extract, real butter, and fresh marshmallows make ordinary Rice Krispie Treats EXTRAORDINARY!!! (definitely use soft, fresh marshmallows because the older ones take much mo...