Smoky Eggplant and Yogurt Salad
Ingredients50 m servings 129
- In a pot over medium heat, add the eggplant and water; cook until tender and the water evaporates. Mash the eggplant so no large chunks remain. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, add the yogurt, mashed eggplant, green onions, cilantro, pepper and salt; mix well.
- To smoke the salad, heat one piece charcoal over open flame until gray and reddish in color. Place a small square of aluminum foil in the eggplant salad (make room in the center for the foil). Place the hot charcoal on the piece of foil in the bowl. Add the margarine on top of the charcoal and cover salad bowl immediately. Allow to smoke for 10 minutes; remove charcoal.
- Chill the salad in the refrigerator and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and sprinkle of paprika.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 129 calories; 6 15.6 5.6 12 88 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I kept the eggplant slightly chunky. It gave it more texture and substance. This is a very fresh and cool salad that I served with the Ugandan kebobs which are actually meatballs. This is a gr...
Thanks for the recipe! This is an exotic and delicate treat. My husband and I recently moved to Tel Aviv, and when we went on our first Israeli date, I got something very similar to this and LOV...