Ingredients50 m servings 64 cals
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In small bowl, mix cream cheese and Gorgonzola cheese with fork until blended.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate into 2 rectangles, each about 11 inches long. Place 1 rectangle on cutting board; press perforations together to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut lengthwise into 2 rectangles, each about 11 inches long. Place one rectangle on cutting board.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture over dough to within 1/2 inch of long sides; sprinkle half of the pecans evenly over cheese. Starting at 1 long side, roll up; press seam to seal. Cut roll into 16 (about 3/4-inch) slices with serrated knife; place cut sides down on ungreased large cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, cheese and pecans.
- Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in 8-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft and lightly brown. Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar, preserves (breaking up large pieces of fruit if necessary) and thyme; set aside.
- After removing rolls from oven, immediately press back of a teaspoon into center of each roll to make small indentation. Spoon slightly less than 1/2 teaspoon onion jam into each indentation. Remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
- *Gorgonzola is a creamy Italian blue cheese named after the town of its origin, but any type of blue cheese can be used in this recipe.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft.): Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Submitted by
- Phyllis Weeks-Daniel, San Diego, CA
- Bake-Off® Contest 43, 2008
- Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2009
- 2009© and ®/™ of General Mills
- Fisher is a registered trademark of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Elk Grove Village, IL 60007-6057 U.S.A.
- ®CRISCO is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company
- ®/™ Smucker's, Smucker's Squeeze and Smucker's Sundae Syrups are trademarks of The J.M. Smucker Company
Per Serving: 64 calories; 4.2 g fat; 4.9 g carbohydrates; 1.4 g protein; 6 mg cholesterol; 90 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Very easy to make and simply delicious. Once i rolled up the crescent dough into the long rolls, I cut each roll in half and then cut the halves in half to make each slice even. Make sure the c...
These are really good. Make sure the onion is very finely chopped and that the dough is covered adequately so that the flavors are spread throughout each bite.
great recipe. But I didn't want to bother with rolling and slicing the rolls, so I just used the mini puff pastry shells, baked them off, filled them with the cheese and nut mixture, threw 'em b...
Very good recipe. I am not sure how to get 32 servings. I had 16 servings and it seems perfect. When I make these again for my MIL I will try to cut them smaller. Would be interesting to try ...