- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart baking dish and set aside.
- Place oysters and their liquid in a 4 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until oysters curl around the edges. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg and 1/3 cup milk. Add 1/2 of the crushed crackers, oysters and any remaining liquid; mix together well.
- Place 1/2 of remaining crushed crackers into prepared pan. Pour oyster mixture into pan and cover with the last of the crushed crackers. Add enough milk to almost submerge crackers. Dot top with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Per Serving: 308 calories; 18.9 26.1 8.4 73 482 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Wonderful recipe! My grandmother passed away and I never got her recipe and my family swears this is it to a tee. They ask me to make it for any family gathering. I use the canned "tiny" smok...
Excellent. I don't eat oysters but try to fix them for my husband. He absolutely LOVED this dish. Thank you!