Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 343
- Place baked pie shell on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add cream, salt, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and pumpkin. Mix well, then stir in candied ginger and cognac, rum, or bourbon (see Cook's Note). Carefully pour mixture into baked pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue to bake until a knife point inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean. Custard will still jiggle. Serve pie warm or at room temperature. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
- Cook's Notes:
- I pre-bake the pie shell to ensure the bottom crust stays crisp.
- You may substitute rum or bourbon for the cognac, if you prefer.
- The pie can be served warm, but I prefer to serve it at room temperature. Since the center often cracks as it cools, you can use that as an excuse to pipe on rosettes of whipped cream.
Per Serving: 343 calories; 23.4 25.5 4 123 253 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
I baked two different kinds of pumpkin pies to compare...one was this recipe, and another recipe used Eagle's condenced milk. As a result, my boyfrind and I BOTH liked the pumpkin pie with this ...
This is the best pumpkin pie I ever made. The ginger and boubon give it such a zing! It was such a big hit at Thanksgiving, I have been asked to make it again for Christmas!
This is a simple pie to make that has good body and texture. It could use a little more oomph of flavor, possibly by adding a bit more sugar and spice. Added rum as a suggested alternative and...
I followed the recipe as written , but I used brandy instead because that's what I had . It's the best pumpkin pie I have eaten, and it's even better the next day.
Made this pie according to the recipe. I wouldn't change a thing. It is delicious &easy to make. Ginger & bourbon gave it just the right amount of zip.
Followed the recipe to the letter. Made a double recipe. But should have bought deep dish frozen pie crust instead of standard size as all of the filling did not fit in a regular pie crust. A...
Love the filling. But took another reviewer's advice and used deep dish...DONT DO THAT. Not sure what she did maybe used a gigantic can of pumpkin, more than called for but I went by direction...