Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 327 cals
Original recipe yields 36 servings (3 dozen)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; add sugar and 2 cups flour. Mix to combine, cover bowl with plastic, and let rise about 1 hour.
- Mix in remaining flour, eggs, butter, salt, milk, and raisins until fully combined. Cover bowl and let rise again for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls in hot fat and cook until brown on both sides. Cookie usually flips over when done on the first side. Be sure fat isn't too hot or your cookie may be raw inside when dark on the outside. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with granulated or powdered sugar, if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 327 calories; 26.5 g fat; 21.2 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 182 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1