Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 465
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Arrange crackers in pastry-lined pie pan and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, and cream of tartar. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar.
- Cool sugar mixture, then pour over crackers. Dot crackers with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover with second pastry shell. Seal edges and cut steam vents in top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool and serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Per Serving: 465 calories; 17.7 75.4 2.4 8 371 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I remember seeing this recipe on the backs of Ritz Cracker boxes when I was a kid, the only difference being the use of lemon juice and zest instead of vinegar. I always wanted to try it, but ne...
This is so superb. I had this many years ago and did not believe it was not made with apples. For the longest time I looked for the recipe but could not find it. FINALLY I found it and made it...