Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 215 cals
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and apple butter. Add flour, cinnamon, apple pie spice, and vanilla. Beat at low speed until well blended.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 6-inch disc on waxed paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Invert one disc of dough into ungreased 9-inch round pie plate. Press dough into plate with lightly floured hands, covering plate completely. Flute edges using the handle of a wooden spoon. Deeply score into 8 wedges. Prick surface using tines of fork. Repeat steps with remaining disc of dough and another pie plate.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely and cut into wedges.
Per Serving: 215 calories; 12 g fat; 25 g carbohydrates; 2.2 g protein; 43 mg cholesterol; 83 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I agree that the recipe is missing something- it's rather bland, although it has good spice flavor. It needs a little salt added, which can possibly be remedied by using salted butter. I drizz...
This was a HUGE disappointment!! It never really cooked in the middle, and it was almost bland. I added shredded granny smith apples and the apple butter along with the apple pie spice, and it s...
Not much apple flavor, which was a bit disappointing- that was why I made this recipe. I also tried one with pumpkin butter, not too pumpkiny either. Good shortbread though.