Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 deep dish pie)
- To Make Crust: In a 10 inch skillet over medium heat, melt butter or margarine. Stir in dessert bar crust mix and almonds. Cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to brown and crumble.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of crust mixture for topping. Use the back of a fork to press remaining crust mixture into an ungreased 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Cool completely.
- To Make Filling: Pour cold water into a 2 quart non-aluminum saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over water and allow to soften 5 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir dessert bar filling mix into gelatin, mixing until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Place egg yolks in a medium bowl. Whisk 1/4 cup of hot lemon mixture into egg yolks. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into rest of lemon filling. Return mixture to heat. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and 1/4 cup of lemon filling (may be slightly warm), beating until smooth. Gradually beat in remaining filling mixture until smooth. Mix in food coloring if desired.
- Pour filling into crust. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving. Sprinkle reserved almond mixture over top just before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 367 calories; 21.7 38.4 6 122 231 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe is really good. I'm giving 4 stars only because it was time consuming. It was tasty and refreshing. The one thing I did different was the crust. I used my pie crust and added in the ...