Sherry Chiffon Pie
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 pie)
- Soften gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- In a double boiler pan combine milk, salt, and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir until dissolved. Whisk in egg yolks and cook in double boiler until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir gelatin into custard mixture until thoroughly dissolved. Cool mixture.
- Stir almond extract, sherry, and 1/4 cup almonds into custard.
- In a medium mixing bowl whip egg whites until frothy. Add 4 teaspoons of sugar, one at a time, whipping constantly until whites form soft peaks. Fold egg whites into custard.
- Pour custard mixture into pie shell. Sprinkle with chopped almonds. Serve chilled.
Per Serving: 280 calories; 15.6 28.8 7.6 52 290 Full nutrition