Mijo's Slow Cooker Shredded Beef
Ingredients10 h 20 m servings 621
- Using a sharp knife, poke several 1 inch deep holes in the roast. Insert the garlic slivers into the holes.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, celery salt, garlic powder, parsley, ground black pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt, mustard powder, and dried tarragon; mix together well and rub over the meat.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the beer OR cola, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and liquid smoke and mix well. Place the roast in a slow cooker and pour this mixture over the meat.
- Add the onion, green bell pepper and jalapeno chile peppers to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low setting for 10 hours, or more, if desired.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 621 calories; 39.7 6.6 55.8 184 917 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 111
Most excellent. It made fabulous burritos.
This was a huge disappointment. I followed the recipe exactly and cooked it overnight. I woke in the morning to an amazing smell but the taste was decidedly bland. It was just a roast. I dum...
I made this for a staff lunch today and everyone loved it!! It also had an added bonus - the smell of it cleared everyone's sinuses. It did have a kick to it, but the only ones who complained ...
This was an EASY, delicious recipe! I have searched for a shredded beef recipe for years, and now I've found it. I used a smaller roast... about 3 lbs, and cooked overnight. I used mine to ma...
My husband went nuts over this recipe. He says it's one of the best recipes he's ever tasted. He begged me to make it again as soon an possible, and often. I have to admit he's got a point; t...
I used maybe a pound and a half of chuck roast, cut up, and dumped everything into the pressure cooker, everything except the beer, didn't have so subbed 1 cup homemade beef stock, and used red ...
Plugged in for 2 pounds of chuck - 3 servings, and it was awesome. I put it in at 9pm and turned it off at 8am. I put it straight in the refrigerator, and then pulled it out later in the evening...
TO DIE FOR!!!!!! Made it for a tailgate party the other night and got rave reviews. Very spicy but very tasty. Thank you Thank you Thank you Update: If I could give this recipe 10 stars I would....
Great recipe....the meat really just falls apart - no shredding needed!! If you're pressed for time like I was, just start the slow-cooker off on high for a couple of hours, then turn down to l...