Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 391
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Scatter sliced apples in the prepared baking dish. Whisk together the white sugar, cold water, cornstarch, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until syrup is clear, and all sugar had dissolved, about 5 minutes. Pour hot syrup over the fruit.
- Stir together the flour, brown sugar, oats, melted butter, walnuts, and cinnamon until crumbly. Scatter crumble over fruit mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top is brown and the crunch is bubbly, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note
- Quick cooking rolled oats can be used in place of the old-fashioned oats.
- Try Granny Smith or Jonathan apples in this dish. They're nice and tart.
Per Serving: 391 calories; 13.6 67.2 3.4 24 74 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
My whole family went nuts over this desert. I used Pinova apples freshly picked from the orchard and added a little cinn to the actual syrup while it was cooking. The crumbles turned out just ...
The Crunch Topping was really good although it could have used more cinnamon. I thought about adding more, but didn't and wish I had. It said to slice the apples thin, so I did and they turned...
My 10 year old son has made this twice lately. Delicious!