Peppermint Pink Valentine Mold
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 176 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a medium saucepan over no heat, combine gelatin, 1/4 cup sugar and salt, mix well and reserve. In a medium bowl, beat together egg yolks and milk, add to gelatin mixture.
- Cook gelatin and egg mixture in saucepan over low heat; stir constantly until the gelatin dissolves and mixture thickens slightly or about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add peppermint extract or candy.
- Add food coloring and mix. Chill in refrigerator until mixture is slightly thicker than the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until very stiff and fold into gelatin mixture; fold in whipped cream.
- Turn into a 5-cup heart-shaped mold; chill until firm. Unmold and garnish with additional whipped cream, if desired; serve.
Per Serving: 176 calories; 8.8 g fat; 19.8 g carbohydrates; 5.2 g protein; 88 mg cholesterol; 102 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1