Simply Potatoes® Irish Beef Stew
"Using a dark beer, such as Guinness, gives this stew a rich, deep flavor."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 460 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In plastic resealable bag combine flour, desired salt, pepper. Add stew meat. Shake to coat meat with flour.
- Heat oil in 4 quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add stew meat, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is browned. Drain grease.
- Add all remaining ingredients except parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until meat and potatoes are tender (1 to 1 1/4 hours). Stir in parsley before serving.
- *Lamb stew meat may be substituted if desired.
- Stew can be made up to 2 days in advance. Cool; cover and refrigerate. To reheat, bring to a simmer on the stove top before serving.
Per Serving: 460 calories; 25.3 g fat; 24.4 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 83 mg cholesterol; 587 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1