Sweetheart Cookie Sandwiches
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 48 servings (3 to 4 dozen)
- In a large bowl, beat together shortening, butter or margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and peppermint extract; beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add to shortening mixture alternating with milk and mix well. Stir in oats; add in just enough food coloring to make a pink dough. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured board; cut out cookies with a floured 2 inch cookie cutter. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 6 minutes. Remove cookies from sheet to cool.
- Frost half of the cookies with frosting; top with remaining cookies, sandwich style.
You might also like
Per Serving: 98 calories; 4 15.2 1 6 55 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
These cookies didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. They took more work than I usually put into cookies, and the flavor was rather bland, even with the chocolate frosting. I baked them for 8 min...