Ingredientsservings 1108 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Chop 1/2 cup walnuts coarsely and reserve them for topping. Chop the remaining 1/2 cup nuts fine.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and butter. Blend the mixture well. Add coconut and the finely chopped nuts. Reserve 1/2 cup of this mixture. Press the remaining flour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are light brown.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine sugar and cream cheese. Stir in egg and vanilla. Beat mixture until smooth. Spread this mixture over the hot (just baked) layer.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake 10 minutes. When the cake has finished cooking, spread the cherry pie filling over the hot cake and sprinkle the remaining walnuts and crumb mixture over the top.
- Return the cake to the oven and bake another 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Per Serving: 1108 calories; 63.2 g fat; 125 g carbohydrates; 14.8 g protein; 169 mg cholesterol; 409 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 18
Must refrigerate & serve cold. It's more like cheesecake bars...THE BEST!!!!
I made some changes to this recipe, I used 1 c. walnuts 1 1/4 c. flour 1/2 c. brown sugar 1/2 c. butter flavored crisco (I didn't have butter) 1/2 c. coconut for the filling I used 2 8oz. ...
This is definitely a keeper. I doubled the cream cheese mixture so the filling would be thicker. They taste like cheesecake. I might try another topping next time as well, but then again, I m...
Another KEEPER, I made it in a 7x12 pan and the bottom crust was just fine. I will do as one other person said and use blueberries for topping, just for a change.
Thsi is a real crowd pleaser. We've been making this for 25 years. It is more that 4 servings!
This is a qick, tasty dessert. We liked it best served "as is" with no extra ice cream or whipped cream. Try blueberry pie filling for a change.
This was very tasty. I used pecans instead because I do not care for walnuts too much. Yum yum!
The crust amount needs to be doubled in order to cover the bottom of the pan, and sprinkle on top. I also doubled the cream cheese portion. Very good flavor with the walnuts.