Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 - 8x4 inch loaf pans)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 8x4 inch bread pans.
- Prepare the topping by combining the 1/2 cup butter, 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla wafers and pecans. Mix together well and press into the bottom of prepared pans.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Combine milk and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to batter, alternating with milk; beat well. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 330 calories; 18.1 39.3 3.8 62 260 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is delicious!! Its a recipe I will use over and over.. the topping was what made this cake extra special. The cake in itself (without topping) is good but nothing extraordinary. and you mig...