- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine cream or milk with vinegar and set aside 5 minutes. Place raisins in a medium saucepan. Pour in enough water to cover, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, until plump. Remove from heat, stir in salt, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, mix together flour, cornstarch, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add egg yolks and blend thoroughly. Mix in cream and vinegar mixture and stir until mixture is smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract and raisins, then set aside to cool.
- In a medium glass or metal bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 6 tablespoons sugar, continuing to beat until whites are stiff and glossy. Pour cooled raisin mixture into pastry shell. Top with an even layer of meringue.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until meringue is golden brown.
Per Serving: 419 calories; 15.2 69.2 4.6 110 192 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
My boyfriend has attempted to perfect his sour cream raisin pie for years. I made this receipe for him and he couldn't believe it was the first time I had ever made a sourcream raising pie and ...
My grandma used to make an incredible sour cream and raisin pie that used cream and vinegar instead of pre-made sour cream. Unfortunately I never thought to copy her recipe before she passed aw...
Sorry but this recipe did not work for me at all. I followed the recipe exactly and it never did thicken up enough to slice cleanly also the nutmeg and cinnamon were overpowering.