Ingredients1 d 1 h 40 m servings 493
- Mix the brown sugar, 2 teaspoons sea salt, paprika, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and sage in a small bowl. Pat the pork loin completely dry with paper towels. Rub the mixture onto the pork loin to coat completely.
- Pour the olive oil into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the seasoned loin to the bag and seal. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning the bag once to assure an even flavor.
- Place the red potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and onion in a large pot and cover with water. Add the 2 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and cilantro to the water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and allow to continue on a slow boil for 25 minutes; drain, reserving the water.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Remove the pork loin from the bag. Sear on the preheated grill, 4 to 5 minutes per side; remove and set aside. Reduce grill heat to medium.
- Place a 12-inch cast-iron skillet on the grill. Lay the apple slices on the bottom of the skillet. Pour the orange juice and lemon juice into the skillet. Place the pork loin on the apples. Arrange the drained vegetables around the pork loin. Pour reserved water into the skillet to fill within 1/2 inch of top.
- Cook on grill for 1 hour, pouring more of reserved water over the pork after 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 493 calories; 24.1 49.9 21.7 55 1872 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
Very good recipe, and easily converts to on-the-stove tenderloin recipe if you have a VERY large skillet with lid (or stock pot, maybe). Just rub and braise tenderloin on hot skillet, then pour...
I only got as far as the pork, not the veggies, but it tasted amazing. I used a Tyson pork loin rib eye, and my husband cooked it directly on a gas grill. It turned out fork tender. I can't w...
I cooked this recipe exactly as written, with the exception of dried cliantro for fresh. It was delicious! Definitely a keeper and a recipe for when you're having others over for dinner. Don't l...
Great Flavor. I used 2 one pound pork centerloins, so the vegetables covered the meat. The apple slices became an applesauce that added wonderful flavor to the sauce. The only thing i will do...
I also made this on the stove in a large pot. I did cook the veggies separately then added them to the meat with the apples & some of the water. It was ahhmazing!! Delish...I can't wait to try i...
This was wonderful. One thing for people who can't handle spice...the dry rub comes out into the broth in the last step. Next time I make it I'll use half or none of the red pepper because my ...
This is SO BOMB! I also did it on the stove top, but the oj and apples added an awesome dynamic to this pork loin...I just prepared this for my lady love and I'm sure she's gonna love it when I ...
I only used the recipe for the pork rub and then grilled the meat standing along to a temp of 160. Very flavorful and juicy!