Ice Cream Snowball Pie
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop chocolate. Set aside 1/4 of it.
- To Make Crust: Place remaining 3/4 of chocolate in a small saucepan with 3 tablespoons butter or margarine. Melt over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth.
- Place crisp rice cereal in a medium mixing bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, and stir gently to coat. Using the back of a spoon, press mixture onto bottom and sides of greased pie pan. Place crust in freezer just until firm, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- To Make Chocolate Topping: Place remaining 1/4 of chopped chocolate and 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine in a small saucepan. Melt over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Remove crust from freezer and arrange scoops of vanilla, mint chocolate chip, and strawberry ice cream in it. Drizzle chocolate mixture over top and serve immediately.
Per Serving: 475 calories; 31.2 47.5 5.8 90 187 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
This was a delicious pie. Don't make the same mistake I did however. I made the crust ahead and froze it too long. When it was time to slice it, the crust was difficult to cut through. If I ...
I made this for my boyfriends birthday and he absolutely loved it, now he wants me to make every year for him. It's very easy and you can change the ice cream flavors each time.
i loved the crust on this. we had vanilla and chocolate ice cream which worked pretty well. insanely chocolatey though, you only need a tiny piece!
Delicious! It is the best ice-cream treat my family has ever tasted!
Very good. I solved the hard crust issue by placing the pie plate in a pan of hot water before cutting - (like loosening a jello mold). I made with 2 flavors - 1/2 with my favorite flavor and ...
My family loved this and it was so quick and easy to make, but looked really good. Delicious, will make again. I did use chocolate chips instead of sweet German chocolate. Only took 5 minutes...