Chocolate Hazelnut Tart
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter or margarine, brown sugar, and honey. Add egg and blend until mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix thoroughly, then add to sugar mixture. Stir until well combined. Divide dough in half.
- With floured fingers press one half of dough into bottom of greased pie plate. Place pie plate in freezer and place other half of dough in refrigerator.
- After 20 minutes, remove pie plate from freezer. Spread chocolate hazelnut spread over frozen dough.
- Roll out remaining dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Fit dough on top of chocolate hazelnut layer and press firmly on edges to seal.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes, then cut into 8 slices. Allow tart to cool completely in pie plate before serving.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 483 calories; 20.9 69.7 7.4 46 175 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I'm not so much criticing the filling... it's the crust! I have always hated tarts because of the crust. They always remind me of sawdust held together with elmers glue. Not this one. It ha...
I needed a recipe to use up chocolate hazelnut spread, this was it. Kids gobbled it up. I was afraid of using a glass pie dish from freezer to oven, so I used the foil pie plates instead. I also...