Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 388
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, 1 1/4 cups sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour but not more than 1 day.
- While the dough is chilling, prepare the apple filling.
- In a medium bowl, toss diced apples with sugar and cinnamon. Mix in walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 16 3-inch tart pans. Remove tart dough from the refrigerator and let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before rolling out.
- Knead dough briefly on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 16 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 6-inch circle, and carefully fit one circle into each tart pan.
- Spoon an equal amount of apple mixture into each tart pan. Fold pastry over filling. Place filled tarts on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Melt apricot jam and brush over finished tarts, if desired.
Per Serving: 388 calories; 16.3 55.8 6 79 60 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I think part of the problem some of the users here have is because the recipe does not tell you to keep the butter as cold as possible - this is the clue to any great pie crust - butter should s...
Having just made this recipe for the second time, I'm wondering if this isn't actually my favourite pie crust. Here's my original review from a couple of months ago: I was very happy with these...
I thought these were lovely. Did not find the dough hard to work with, but then I often add more or less flour depending on how dry or sticky it is (usually need to add a little more).
What a great tart. Very pretty and easy to make. I used some allspice and nutmeg along with the cinnamon. Thanks for sharing.
I didn't make the pie crust, since I had a crust in the freezer I wanted to use up, so I'm not rating the crust today. I also didn't use a top crust as a result. This is a nice little recipe f...
I liked this recipe but I made a lot of changes. I used pecans, apples, brown sugar and maple syrup. I also used prepared tart shells and just pulled up the edges to make them fold over. They...