Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 353
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Heat one tablespoon peanut oil in a wok set over medium heat. Add the bamboo shoots to the pan; stir-fry until dry and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove from wok and reserve.
- Increase temperature to high, and pour in the remaining peanut oil. Quickly fry the garlic, red chile, and red pepper flakes in the hot oil until fragrant. Stir in the pork, and continue to stir-fry until it is cooked through. Pour in the wine; season with salt to taste.
- Return the bamboo shoots to the wok, and heat until sizzly. Stir in the rice vinegar, soy sauce, chicken broth, and additional salt to taste. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes to allow the flavor to penetrate the bamboo shoots. At the end of cooking, stir in green onions. Remove wok from heat; stir in sesame oil before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- Dry sherry can be substituted for the Shaoxing rice wine, if desired.
- Water can be substituted for the chicken stock, if desired.
Per Serving: 353 calories; 29.7 11.9 12.3 27 340 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Followed the recipe except substituted the pork with beef. It tasted ok, but could've used more seasoning.