Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 299 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Core, rinse and drain lettuce; refrigerate in a plastic bag.
- Rinse and drain rice, then combine rice and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand 20 minutes, covered. Turn cooked rice out into large non-metal bowl, separating kernels with fork. Pour vinegar, a little at a time, evenly over rice; gently folding to combine after each addition. Cool rice mixture to room temperature.
- Cut lettuce in half lengthwise. Carefully separate leaves. Cut or shred crabmeat into bite-size strips. Just before serving, cut each avocado in half; seed and peel. Cut each half lengthwise into 8 thin slices. Arrange avocado slices, lettuce leave and crabmeat on large platter. Fluff rice mixture with fork.
- To make Hand Rolled Sushi: Place lettuce leaf in palm of hand. Spread 1 to 2 Tbsp. rice mixture in center of lettuce. Top with avocado slice and once piece of crabmeat. Wrap lettuce around filling in cone shape to enclose. Serve with soy sauce.
- For additional Kikkoman Recipe Ideas please visit www.kikkomanUSA.com.
Per Serving: 299 calories; 11.1 g fat; 41.4 g carbohydrates; 10.1 g protein; 17 mg cholesterol; 840 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I love making sushi and this is a great recipe for beginners. A few tips: It is important that the rice is rinsed before it is cooked until water runs clear to get rid of the starchy flavor (lik...