- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 12 3-inch tart pans.
- Roll out pastry and fit carefully into greased tart tins. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, then beat in brown sugar. Stir in vinegar and vanilla extract. Mix well, then stir in melted butter. Fold in raisins or dates and chopped nuts.
- Carefully spoon mixture into tart shells. Place tins on baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until set.
Per Serving: 373 calories; 22.8 40.5 3.8 51 259 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
Flavor is very good I found when filling tart shells that the raisins were not eveny shared in tart, so putting raisins in shells before filling is a better way. I also plumped the raisins in a ...
The flavor of these butter tarts is quite nice. Next time I make them, I will cut the baking time back because my husband prefers his butter tarts quite a bit softer.
These are the best using 1/4 c butter and 1/3c corn syrup or maple syrup. Recipe made 12 large butter tarts, I cook them 8 min at 400 then 5 min at 350. I like mine gooey.
HA! I've been looking for this recipe for years! This is great!! I followed the other reviewers' advice and put the raisins in the bottom and then poured the filling over that. They plumped u...
These are so yummy and so very easy as i used premade tart shells. The cook time is waayyyy to high I did mine for 10 mins at 400 and then about 10-15 mins on 350. I tripled the recipe and it ma...
I was looking for a recipe that replicated my mothers. This one was the closest, except hers is a stove top cooked recipe.
Excellent! I added the raisins to the shells, and then poured the mix over. I also used home made pastry as opposed to the premade...My husband and kids LOVED them! Definately a keeper here!