Oma Kiener's Hazelnut Christmas Cookies
Ingredients8 h 27 m servings 52
- Beat the butter, sugar, egg, and salt together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour and baking soda, and mix just until blended. Mix in the hazelnuts.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into 2 1/2 inch log. Wrap snugly in wax paper, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Unwrap, and cut the log into 1/8 inch thick slices. Place on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart. Brush tops with beaten egg and, if desired, decorate with sprinkles.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on racks, and store in an airtight tin.
Per Serving: 52 calories; 2.8 6 0.8 13 48 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Initially I felt these cookies were a little on the bland side eventhough my whole family liked them. I did however make a few changes to the recipe. First, the dough was too dry, so I added 2...
these were delicious! definitely will be an addition to the christmas collection - (My great aunt used to make something similiar at christmas,....ahhh,..the memories!)
These were good but lacked the specialness of a Christmas cookie. Thanks for sharing.
I agree with those whom were impressed by them, and disagreed with those that felt they were too bland, or lacked 'specialness'. I think sometimes we Americans feel shortchanged if we don't get...
Family loved these as Christmas gifts. It's now requested for next year again
I used ground almond instead of hazelnut and it is great! easy and tasty! love it! my favorite cooky recipe now! :)