Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 192
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Beat the vegetable oil and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the sugar mixture before adding the next. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the pecans and cherries; mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Using lightly greased hands, divide dough into 2 equal portions. Form 2 loaves about 10 inches long and 3 inches wide and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Cut each loaf into 3/4 inch slices. Place slices cut side up, back on the baking sheet. Increase oven heat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and return mandlebrodt to the oven. Toast until edges become golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Per Serving: 192 calories; 8.6 26.7 2.8 23 78 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This exact recipe just came in Cooking Light magazine for December '09. I made it and it's very good.
This was the first time I've made a biscotti type of cookie. Turned out both tasting good and very nice to look at! I made them per the recipe and have them in an air tight container to take to ...
These are delicious but next time I will add more cherries. I drizzled the tops with melted chocolate.
Very similar to a biscotti, this little cookie is wonderful with coffee or tea. The cookie is not too sweet and has good flavor, but the next time I would omit the cinnamon sugar.
I didn't sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (not my taste). I used slightly less sugar than the recipe called for and would probably use only about 3/4 of a cup at most next time. I used candied cherr...
Seriously yummy! Also thought they were very pretty ~ I did not choose to add the cinnamon sugar topping but loved them just the same :) Thank you for sharing ~