Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 266
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl mix the eggs, milk, and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil; mix with dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and jalapenos, and cook until tender. Mix in BUSH'S(R) Black Beans, corn, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 1/3 cup of cilantro; mash slightly. Fold bean mixture and 1/2 the cheese into batter.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat 1/4 inch oil for frying to 375 degrees F. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish. Transfer fritters to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and olives.
- Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- For cilantro ranch dip: in a small bowl, mix dressing, sour cream, lime juice, 1 teaspoon of chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, and 1 tablespoon of cilantro. Serve with fritters.
Per Serving: 266 calories; 17.9 20.8 6.7 39 425 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made this recipe twice. The first time I follow the directions exactly and they were way too hot for my personal taste. We had friends over to try them and they, liking hot and spicy food, sai...
I have to admit we really liked these! They did take a bit of effort to make, but we had them for lunch and they were a hit with the whole family! I used Masa Harina instead of the corn meal b...
These weren't bad, but they were not good either. Deep fried them & then baked them as the recipe specified & they were just greasy on the outside (even though I did drain them on the paper tow...
Instead of deep frying, I fried these like pancakes. I used jalapenos as a garnish instead of putting them in the dough. When these were browned, I served them without baking, garnishing with c...