Turtles® Cookies II
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in the vanilla, then the flour.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, roll the balls in the egg whites, then roll them in the chopped pecans. Place the cookies 1 1/2 inches apart on an unprepared cookie sheet. Using your finger, make an indention in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottom of cookies are lightly browned.
- When the cookies come out of the oven fill the indentation with the caramel filling, and let cool. Pour about 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of chocolate over each cookie to cover the caramel center. Let stand until chocolate is set.
- TURTLES® is a registered trademark of DeMet's Candy Company.
Per Serving: 429 calories; 26.4 44.8 5.1 44 178 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
These are good, but I had to make a few changes to the recipe, and alter things along the way. Even when you indent the cookie, it will still flatten out a lot. On my first batch, it looked ...
I made this for my mom and dad and they looooved them.They were really good.
The only thing I did was put my nuts in the dough that egg wash rolling. I only had walnuts today so thats what I used, and I had homemade carmel so used that. The indents were ok but who needs ...
Probably the best cookie I have ever made!! I won the most unique cookie at the girlfriends annual cookie exchange. The dough is so easy to make and I used Carmel dip which glissened beautiful...
I had the same problem as others with the indentation disappearing when they were baked. Very easy problem to solve by doing what the other reviewer suggested using the back of a measuring spoon...
This recipe is good but I changed a couple of things: Instead of having chopped nuts, I replaced it with "Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Baking Bits" and I left the cookies in the oven about 5 min....
I loved this recipe! I followed the directions exactly, and it turned out wonderful. Everyone in my family loved them! I used apple caramel dipping sauce and fudge, it was so delicious. It only ...