Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 166 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 rolls)
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water in a small bowl. Let stand for a few minutes so the yeast can dissolve. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, shortening, caraway, salt, and nutmeg. Heat the milk in a small saucepan just until a skin forms on the top. Remove from the heat and stir into the shortening mixture. Allow to cool to lukewarm so that it will not kill the yeast.
- Stir the egg and yeast into the bowl with the milk and gradually mix in the flour using a sturdy wooden spoon until the you get a stiff batter. Cover loosely and set aside in a warm place to rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Grease the cups of a muffin tin, and spoon batter into the cups filling half way full. Let rise again in a warm place until the dough rises above the top of the cups, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake the rolls in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, 12 to 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 166 calories; 3.3 g fat; 29 g carbohydrates; 4.8 g protein; 17 mg cholesterol; 207 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1