Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 331 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Steam carrots until soft but not mushy. Cool slightly.
- Place carrots in food processor and puree until smooth. Add honey, eggs, butter or margarine, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and walnuts. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine brown sugar and white sugar, mixing well to get all lumps out. Fold sugar mixture gradually into carrot mixture until well incorporated. Pour mixture into partially baked pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve pie warm or cold. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Per Serving: 331 calories; 16.7 g fat; 44.1 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 52 mg cholesterol; 404 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I thought this recipe was EXCELLENT. Tasted very similiar to pumpkin pie (which I happen to love, but have no interest in making from scratch!). It's healthy (at least relative to other pies!)...
great pie I've made this before but I boiled the carrots in the honey and added ginger as this really compliments the carrots well....yummy
This pie is absolutely delicious! It is very similar to sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie. My family really enjoyed it and wants me to make it for thanksgiving. I added more walnuts then it calle...
Surprisingly good! I tried to use my hand blender to mix the carrots, but it didn't work too well...carrots should be mushy for that to work. I'll use my blender next time. I thought 1 tsp of nu...
Such a good recipe! I was a little sceptical but I plan to make this a tradition
Tastes like a sweet potato pie, with a little crunch. This was a surprise favorite.