Ingredients12 h 15 m servings 653
- Grease an 8 inch square baking dish and line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, mixed spice, cinnamon and lemon zest. Stir with a whisk until blended. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing until each one is blended in. Stir in the dry ingredients just until moistened, then fold in the raisins, golden raisins, currants, cherries and almonds.
- Spoon into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Make a slight impression in the center with the back of a spoon so the cake will turn out level. Cover and leave in a cool place overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Place the cake pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 4 hours in the preheated oven. When the cake is done, a skewer inserted into the center should come out clean. Cool in the pan for 1 hour, then turn out onto a wire rack and remove the paper. When completely cool, poke with a skewer every inch or so, and spoon brandy into the holes. Wrap in waxed paper and store in a cool place until serving.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 653 calories; 23 108.9 9.4 116 164 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Mmmmm, this is a delicious snack cake for the holiday season, but it also makes a great breakfast bread when company is over. However, I didn't choose to give this recipe a five star rating beca...
This was my first attempt ever at a fruitcake. I panicked after I got it in the pan and realized it had no leavening! However, none of the other "English" Christmas cakes have any leavening at...