Zucchini Bread, Pumpkin Style
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 242 cals
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 9x5 inch loaf pans, and set aside.
- Place the zucchini chunks into a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until the zucchini are tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the zucchini, place them in a blender, and blend until they are pureed, about 2 minutes. Let the zucchini puree cool for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a bowl, and stir to eliminate lumps.
- Place the zucchini puree in a large bowl, and whisk in the oil, eggs, and sugar. Beat in the flour mixture to form a thick batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared loaf pans, and bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly browned and the loaves spring back when gently pressed, 45 minutes to 1 hour. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 242 calories; 10.2 g fat; 35.7 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 184 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Wow! This is delicious! It is a little bit of work but boy is it worth it! I did add toasted walnuts and used a little less of the cloves and nutmeg but otherwise followed the recipe exactly... ...
I reduced the spice a little bit, will do full strength next time I also subbed a little bit of brown sugar. Everyone loved it, this will be my goto recipe for now on
I am rating this recipe solely based on the changes I made. I have already rated it based on the way it was written. I changed the serving size to 24 because as written, it will make 3 loaves. ...
YUMMERS! I will definately be saving this recipe and making it again. My husband only tasted it (not hopefully) because his Mom had always taught him to try a "no thank you bite" of things. lol ...
Not too sweet, very good for breakfast. Reminds me of the ones I used to get at Starbucks.
I really liked the idea to puree the zuchini. My kids usually wont eat zucchini bread because of "all the green things" in the bread. I used 1 cup of applesauce instead of the oil and it is very...
This recipe is amazing! I have only used it with zucchini, but I imagine it would work with a number of other vegetables.