Panellets (Catalan All-Saints Cookies)
Ingredients30 m servings 250
- Place the potatoes in a small saucepan; cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender; drain. Mash the potatoes with a fork. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly butter a baking sheet.
- Combine the cooled potatoes and almonds. Slowly add the sugar while stirring with a wooden spoon. Stir in the lemon zest; continue mixing with your hands. Form the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in the pine nuts; brush with egg yolk. Form each ball into a crescent shape. Cover each cookie with cornstarch and then brush with egg white. Arrange cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 250 calories; 13 30.4 6.1 17 6 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
PLEASE NOTE: while this recipe was 'edited' there were some misinterpretations. Please see below for corrections The pine nuts should be WHOLE no chopped! Combine the ingredients as advised, ...
We made this for my daughters Spanish project. These were really soft and hard to roll in the pine nuts. Some kept their crescent shape during baking and some melted. Maybe that's what the corns...
Mine were also a little soft and gooey, but I thought they were delicious. No-one could guess they were made with potatoes!!
I must have done something dreadfully wrong. My cookies melted down to nothing and were a flat gooey mess.