Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 29 m servings 474
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry almonds until pale brown, about 1 minute; remove with a slotted spoon and reserve. Add raisins to the skillet; cook until plump, about 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- Place cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon stick in the skillet. Stir for 30 seconds. Add bay leaves; stir once. Add onions, increase heat to medium-high, and fry until they begin to brown at the edges, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add coriander, cumin, paprika, and turmeric; fry for 1 minute more.
- Spoon yogurt into the skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Stir and fry until the mixture becomes pasty and specks of fat appear at the edges, about 2 minutes. Add lamb; stir and fry until nicely browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Pour in water and add salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer until meat is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Increase heat to dry out and thicken sauce, if necessary. Remove skillet from heat, add reserved almonds and raisins and stir in garam masala.
- Cook's Note:
- Use Kashmiri red chili in place of the paprika if available.
Per Serving: 474 calories; 34.6 17.5 24.1 83 667 Full nutrition