Ingredients2 h 15 m servings
- Place apricots and stock in microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Let cool. Remove apricots and cut into strips. Reserve stock. Mix apricots, sugar and 1/4 cup reserved stock.
- Place ham in roasting pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 2 hours or until thermometer registers 140 degrees F. Top with apricot mixture during last 30 minutes of baking, basting frequently with pan drippings.
- Heat butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until tender. Add preserves, mustard, orange rind and remaining reserved stock. Heat to a boil. Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Slice ham and serve with apricot sauce.
- *Use 3-pound fully-cooked half boneless ham for 16 servings. Prepare as above, but reduce remaining ingredients in half and cooking time to 1 hour or until thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Ham and topping were very good but found it a little too sweet, I halved the apricot preserves and used about a cup of the dijon mustard instead. Also could have halved the recipe, it was a lo...
This is very good! I have also used it on chicken. I haven't used the orange zest called for(no oranges). Still great. I 1/2'd the recipe.
AMAZING!!! We cooked this for Christmas dinner last year, and we will definitely be using the same recipe again this year. It was a huge hit with everyone! Yummy, I can't wait to have it again!
This recipe was delicious, especially the sauce. I followed the recipe exaclty, received lots of compliments, and am still enjoying the leftovers!