Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Cut pastry into 4 (4-inch) rounds. Place rounds on baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- Sprinkle beef with black pepper. Coat beef with flour.
- Heat oil in saucepot. Add beef and cook until browned.
- Add soup and broth. Heat to a boil. Cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until beef is done and sauce is slightly thickened. Season to taste.
- Divide stew among 4 (12-ounce) bowls. Top each with pastry round.
- Puff pastry rounds and stew can be stored separately for up to 2 days. Refrigerate stew in a tightly sealed container. Place pastry rounds in a resealable plastic bag and store at room temperature. To reheat stew, combine stew and 1/4 cup water in saucepan and cook until hot.
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Nice because its quick and easy, but I did not care for it. I think it might have been because I put to much flour, but I'm not sure - the beef and pastry was good, the soup was not.