Ingredientsservings 764 cals
- Prepare recipe for single crust pie. Roll out and place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Flute edges. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crumb Topping: Mix 1 cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and gingersnap crumbs. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almond pieces.
- Sprinkle 1 cup crumb topping in bottom of unbaked pie crust. Reserve remaining for on top of apples.
- Apple Filling: Combine 1 cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in large saucepan. Stir in apple slices. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in caramel topping, yogurt and flour.
- Spoon filling into prepared pie crust. Sprinkle top with remaining crumb topping. Place pie plate on cookie sheet to handle easier.
- Bake 50 minutes or until browned and apples are tender. Cover crust with foil last 10 minutes if it browns too quickly. Cool.
- Serve with ice cream. Add a dollop of whipped cream or drizzle with additional caramel topping, if desired.
Per Serving: 764 calories; 32.8 g fat; 110.2 g carbohydrates; 9.2 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 296 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
The topping on this pie was pretty tasty, but there was too much flour in the filling. It turned out a bit pasty. I would try it again with out so much of the flour!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this apple pie! Although I use my mom's flaky crust recipe, I follow the rest of this recipe exactly except using about 3/4 cup of flour in the filling. I've made it for my fami...