Ingredientsservings 237 cals
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl toss together oats, flour, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon zest and salt until well blended.
- Sprinkle mixture with lemon juice, then with a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter pieces until mixture is crumbly.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Reserve 2 cups of the oat mixture, then sprinkle remainder in pan, pressing with fingers to form a crust.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until set. Let cool slightly, then spread blackberry jam evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle evenly with reserved oat mixture, pressing down gently.
- Return to oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Per Serving: 237 calories; 10.9 g fat; 33.5 g carbohydrates; 2.6 g protein; 20 mg cholesterol; 102 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Although these would be great as posted, I did make a few changes the second time around. I agree the lemon flavoring wasn't enough, so I added lemon juice to the jelly as well. I warmed it in...
This was very simple. Oat crumb bars are one of my most favorite desserts. I made only one change and used a cranberry-apple relish spread that I had on hand, as I had no strawberry. (All I had ...
Nice little bars. I don't really taste the lemon, which is a bit disappointing, but they are pretty good bars. I halved the recipe and put in an 8x8 pan. Instead of blackberry jam, I used lef...
delicious, I used black berry jam and I cut up some black berry's for this. You definitely have to bake it longer.
My husband isn't supposed to like these recipes and he loved this one! I added a bit more lemon juice but the recipe stood alone. I'll try using different jams next time too.