Ingredientsservings 1235 cals
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Place ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degrees F oven about 1-1/2 hours (or until thermometer registers 140 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan combine the cherry preserves, vinegar, corn syrup, and spices. Cook and stir until boiling. Reduce heat; simmer two minutes.
- Stir in almonds. Remove from heat. Put 3/4 cup of the glaze to the side.
- About 15 minutes before the ham is done, spoon some of the remaining glaze over the ham, basting occasionally. Remove from oven; place on a heated serving platter.
- Stir the water into the reserved 3/4-cup glaze; heat and serve along with the ham.
Per Serving: 1235 calories; 86 g fat; 26 g carbohydrates; 84.7 g protein; 254 mg cholesterol; 5833 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
Let me say, if I'm going to eat ham, I want to taste ham, not clove or pineapple or brown sugar ... just good ham. This glaze is awesome. I did not have any almonds, (don't think it would have...
This Glaze recipie is the most wonderful glaze I have ever tasted. I first used this recipe on Thanksgiving of 2007. Easy to prepare, and worth the taste. It will certainly make your ham the ...
This made a deliciously sweet/spicy glaze that everyone in my family enjoyed for Christmas! No complaints at all!
Pretty good. I would like to have try and keep the crust from getting too crisp but the flavor was good anyway. Not too sweet which my guests enjoyed.
Pretty good, but I made the mistake of getting an uncooked ham and just putting the glaze on the last 15 minutes. The glaze didn't really add to the ham much at all.
A great recipe, I used Strawberry instead of cherry and I started glazing about 45 minutes before being done. I really wanted to infuse the ham with the flavor and it was Awesome!
I've been using this glaze on my Christmas ham for the past 2 year and plan to use again this year. I made a few changes just because of personal preference. I omit cloves, slivered almonds an...