- Combine pudding mix with half and half. Cook on low heat 12 to 15 minutes, or until mixture comes to a boil and partially thickens. Stir well occasionally. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly. Mix in rum. Chill pudding thoroughly. Whip 1 1/4 cups cream and 1 tablespoon sugar until stiff. Fold into chilled pudding mixture.
- Using a brush, coat a deep, 10" diameter bowl, with raspberry preserves up to within 1 inch of top.
- Slice both sponge cakes horizontally into halves. Skim crust off top of both layers. Place top slice, crust side up in bottom of preserves-coated bowl, curving outer edge of layer upward. Combine brandy and sherry, and sprinkle a fourth of the mixture (approximately 2 tablespoons) over the cake slice. Spread 1/3 of the chilled pudding mixture over the surface of the cake slice. Repeat procedure 2 additional times.
- Finish by arranging 15 to 18 strawberries on the top of the third layer of pudding and cover with fourth cake layer, crust side down. Sprinkle with remaining brandy-sherry mixture
- Whip the remaining 1 cup cream and 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff. Make mounds of whipped cream around the edge of the bowl and across the diameter with a spoon. Top each mound with a strawberry. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Per Serving: 445 calories; 14.6 67 6.9 52 641 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Awesome recipe! Friends at my christmas party loved it! Originally, I thought there might be too much alcohol, but two versions, one as per the instructions and one with much less alcohol ver...
AMAZING! I made a lot of changes but it still turned out amazing! I used 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of half and half in the pudding, used a dollop of chocolate liquor in the pudding instead of all ...
Is it possible to give this ten stars? This is fabulous. I have made many a trifle but this one beats my recipe big time. I made half the recipe to suit our dinner party. I also left the rum out...
Used lady fingers instead of angel food cake, brandy for pudding and bailey's to soften cake. Made slits in lady fingers so they soak up baileys well. Added fresh raspberries to each layer with ...