Ingredientsservings 445 cals
- Combine pudding mix with half and half. Cook on low heat 12 to 15 minutes, or until mixture comes to a boil and partially thickens. Stir well occasionally. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly. Mix in rum. Chill pudding thoroughly. Whip 1 1/4 cups cream and 1 tablespoon sugar until stiff. Fold into chilled pudding mixture.
- Using a brush, coat a deep, 10" diameter bowl, with raspberry preserves up to within 1 inch of top.
- Slice both sponge cakes horizontally into halves. Skim crust off top of both layers. Place top slice, crust side up in bottom of preserves-coated bowl, curving outer edge of layer upward. Combine brandy and sherry, and sprinkle a fourth of the mixture (approximately 2 tablespoons) over the cake slice. Spread 1/3 of the chilled pudding mixture over the surface of the cake slice. Repeat procedure 2 additional times.
- Finish by arranging 15 to 18 strawberries on the top of the third layer of pudding and cover with fourth cake layer, crust side down. Sprinkle with remaining brandy-sherry mixture
- Whip the remaining 1 cup cream and 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff. Make mounds of whipped cream around the edge of the bowl and across the diameter with a spoon. Top each mound with a strawberry. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Per Serving: 445 calories; 14.6 g fat; 67 g carbohydrates; 6.9 g protein; 52 mg cholesterol; 641 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Awesome recipe! Friends at my christmas party loved it! Originally, I thought there might be too much alcohol, but two versions, one as per the instructions and one with much less alcohol ver...
AMAZING! I made a lot of changes but it still turned out amazing! I used 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of half and half in the pudding, used a dollop of chocolate liquor in the pudding instead of all ...
Is it possible to give this ten stars? This is fabulous. I have made many a trifle but this one beats my recipe big time. I made half the recipe to suit our dinner party. I also left the rum out...