Spice Islands® Creme Brulee
made it | 0 reviews |
"Rich and creamy with a crunchy caramelized topping!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 2 m servings 437 cals
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Scald cream using a double boiler, if available.
- Whisk eggs, white sugar and vanilla in a separate bowl. Temper the eggs by mixing 2 tablespoons of hot cream into the yolk mixture. Stir the tempered yolks into the cream. Strain cream and evenly divide the mixture between 5 porcelain ramekins. Place ramekins in a 1-inch water bath.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove ramekins from water bath and cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Refrigerate a minimum of one hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle 2 teaspoons brown sugar evenly over each ramekin. Broil ramekins for 2 to 5 minutes until sugar is melted. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 437 calories; 38.8 g fat; 17.3 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 294 mg cholesterol; 46 mg sodium. Full nutrition