Ingredients45 m servings 587 cals
- Preheat broiler.
- Prepare garnish - Score fresh pomegranates and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranates under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. (Refrigerate or freeze any remaining arils for another use.)
- Prepare fresh pomegranate juice.*
- Wash potatoes and cut into 2-inch cubes (it is not necessary to peel the potatoes). Boil potatoes in a large pot of water, about 30 minutes.
- During the last 10 minutes that the potatoes are cooking, place salmon filets on a greased broiler pan. Brush each filet with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Mix one tablespoon of pomegranate juice with mustard and cracked black pepper. Spread the pomegranate-mustard mixture on each filet.
- Mix together parsley, dill and lemon zest to make gremolada. Set aside.
- Broil filets 4 to 5 minutes per side or until flaky when tested with a sharp knife. Set filets aside; keep warm.
- Drain potatoes when soft enough to be pierced with a fork; add crushed garlic. Smash with a potato masher or a fork; potatoes should be lumpy. Stir hot milk or cream into potatoes until of desired consistency. Stir in butter, salt and pepper.
- Plate the potatoes and top with salmon. Divide gremolada mixture and spread on each filet. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of arils on each filet.
- * For 1 cup of juice, cut 2-3 large POM Wonderful® Pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer. Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. Set the juice aside.
- ** 1-2 large POM Wonderful® Pomegranates will yield approximately 1/2 cup arils.
Per Serving: 587 calories; 28.3 g fat; 40.9 g carbohydrates; 41 g protein; 132 mg cholesterol; 349 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Recipe taste was excellent. a bit confusing to follow the directions, but once made found it will be quite easy to do again. Next time I would serve the salmon on top of rice (white or brown)....
I made this for my son's thirteenth birthday, and all of my children loved it. I thought it was a really tasty, different way to prepare salmon and will use it again on special occasions. Fresh,...
We tried this as directed and loved it. It is an easy meal to prepare and yet looks and tastes more gourmet. Thank you for sharing it.