Thanksgiving in a Dish
Ingredients45 m servings 349
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together the seasoning packet from the stuffing, hot water, and 1/4 cup butter until butter is melted. Stir in stuffing just until moistened. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onion; cook and stir until tender. Mix in the cooked turkey, and season with celery seed, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread a layer of stuffing over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with the turkey mixture, then spread a layer of mashed potatoes over everything. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until heated through.
Per Serving: 349 calories; 16.5 30.2 19.5 71 743 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I was looking for a recipe for my lunch box using up the Thanksgiving leftovers. I used my leftover roast chicken, homemade dressing and mashed potatoes. My dressing was well seasoned so I lef...
I made my own stuffing and mashed potatoes, and although the taste was good, it was a little on the dry side. Perhaps a little chicken broth added to the turkey mixture would have helped. Or m...
At first I was turned off by everything all together but, when I tried it I was floored! It's everything I love in one bowl and FANTASTIC!! It was easy and fun to make. Thanks so much for th...
I was hesitant about this recipe at first. it just didn't seem right. but after following the recipe exactly as it .... it was so delicious. it was like Thanksgiving in February and in one dish....
Had to change the recipe as I couldn't get any turkey breast so I substituted turkey meatballs. The family loved it. I think I'd add some veggies next time. Really great though.
I don't normally like stuffing with my turkey dinners, but this was delicious! I added whole cranberry sauce to my own serving. Bought thick slabs of deli oven-roasted turkey and pre-made mash...
I've made sandwiches like this, but add cranberry sauce and kickit up a notch or two. very good
I made this with turkey cutlets. It was good. The family appreciated it. Husband likes everything with gravy. So next time I will make gravy to pour over after serving.