Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 356 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Make a syrup by stirring the water, sugar, and lemon juice together in a saucepan over medium heat until thick; set aside to cool.
- Make a filling by combining the ricotta cheese and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Make the dough by mixing together the flour and the yeast. Stir the water into the flour mixture 1 cup at a time, whisking to remove any lumps, until the mixture reaches a pourable consistency; allow to rest 1 hour.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Ladle 2 to 3 ounces of batter at a time into the center of the skillet into a round shape. Each katayef shell is finished when the top is dry and the bottom is slightly browned.
- Fill each shell with an equal portion of the cheese mixture. Fold one end of the shell over the cheese mixture and seal into a semi-circle shape by pinching along the edges.
- Heat the frying oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Fry the katayef in the oil until crispy and lightly browned; immerse in the syrup to coat; serve immediately.
Per Serving: 356 calories; 10.9 g fat; 57.1 g carbohydrates; 7.8 g protein; 9 mg cholesterol; 41 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The variation I find that works the best for me is just by adding a cup of "smeed" to the batter this is Semolina flour the "fine" one and also by adding 1/2 tsp of baking soda to help the batte...