Granny's Challah Stuffing
Jackie Sikowitz Diamond
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 297
- Heat the oil in a skillet, and cook and stir the chopped onion until translucent, about 10 minutes. Set the onion aside to cool.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Fill a bowl with warm water, and soak the challah, one slice at a time. Gently squeeze out the excess water, and place the challah in a large bowl. Mix in the cooked onion, carrots, and celery, and gently mix in the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread stuffing in the prepared baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and set, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note
- Use this stuffing to dress a turkey or chicken, stuff and bake according to your favorite recipe and the weight of the bird.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 297 calories; 9.4 42.6 11.1 132 436 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made this for my first time hosting Thanksgiving. Parents, boyfriend, and friends LOVED it. Definitely make the challah from scratch if you have time (I use the Michell Jenny's Challah recip...
It was a little too doughy following the recipe exactly. Next time I will use more vegetables and less bread. I cooked half of the stuffing inside the turkey, and half was baked as recommen...
Good and easy. Added thyme as no dressing stuffing is complete with out it!