Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 432
Original recipe yields 4 servings (8 croquettes)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the cubed bread onto a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven until dry and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Meanwhile, mince the cod and shrimp and place into a mixing bowl along with the beaten egg whites. Sprinkle in the cornstarch, salt, pepper, and ginger. Mix well, and form into 8 balls. Roll the balls in the toasted bread cubes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry the balls 4 at a time until they turn light, golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Once the second batch of croquettes has been fried, return the first batch to the hot oil, and fry again until deep, golden brown and the croquettes are no longer opaque in the center, drain on paper towels while frying the second batch.
You might also like
- Editor's Note
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 432 calories; 24.5 27.2 24.8 105 2831 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This should really be called fish balls instead of shrimp croquettes. A croquette is usually a cone shaped product. This is formed into balls and also uses cod. It is impossible to roll the ball...