Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 725
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the Pork Roast in the center of a large roasting pan.
- In a large bowl combine the sauerkraut and tomato-vegetable juice. Sweeten to taste with the white sugar. Pour this mixture around the pork roast.
- Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven until the roast has an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), about 30 minutes per pound. Remove the foil for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 725 calories; 34.4 17.5 81.7 261 1881 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Tastes O.K. Nothing memorable or special. Just a dish you don't have to put a lot of work into: all you have to have is time, since it needs to bake for at least 2.5 hours.
This recipe became an instant family classic the first night we tried it! (Our 13 year old put it on the calendar, so she'd remember to ask for it for her birthday supper next year!!) It was s...
Loved this recipe. I cooked this in the crockpot on low for 10 hours. Served with mashed potatoes. I will definitely be making this again.
What a way to start the new year! Great for even the pickiest eaters. Substituted pork chops for the roast, crushed tomatoes for the juice, no problems. Thanks!