Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 171 cals
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- With a large, sharp knife, remove the top 1/4 section of the watermelon. With a melon baller, scoop flesh from inside of watermelon, removing as many seeds as possible. Leave 1/2 inch of flesh inside the shell of the watermelon. Scoop cantaloupe and honeydew in the same manner, removing as much flesh as possible, and discarding the rinds. Refrigerate fruits separately until ready to assemble.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water and SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener to a boil. Remove from heat, and continue stirring until SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener has completely dissolved. Add lemon zest, and set aside to cool.
- To serve, place watermelon balls, cantaloupe, honeydew, oranges, pineapple, strawberries, and grapes, in a large mixing bowl. Pour syrup over, and toss thoroughly. Transfer mixture to watermelon bowl, and serve. Set aside any fruit mixture that will not fit. There will be enough fruit to refill the bowl.
- This is a reduced sugar version of a recipe originally submitted by an Allrecipes home cook.
- Serving Size: 2 cups fruit salad
Per Serving: 171 calories; 0.7 g fat; 43.2 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 24 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Makes A LOT of fruit salad! Perfect for big gatherings and BBQ's! I didnt make the syrup but the combo of fruits is just right!