Summer Strawberry Pie
Inspired by Home Cooks
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 289 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place a drip pan on lowest shelf to catch pie juices.
- To Make Topping: In a medium bowl, mix until fluffy the 3/4 cup SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener, 3/4 cup flour, butter, and nutmeg.
- Place cleaned strawberries in a deep bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the 1/2 cup SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener, 1/2 cup flour, and cornstarch. Gently coat berries with this mixture; be careful not to crush berries.
- Pour berries into prepared pie crust mounding them in the middle; mounding is necessary as the berries will sink as they bake. Cover berries with crumb topping and top crumbs with about 15 pea-sized blobs of butter. Wrap edges of pie crust with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake pie in preheated oven for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and bake for an additional 40 minutes. When there are 10 minutes left of baking, sprinkle a little extra SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener over crumb topping and then finish baking.
- This is a reduced sugar version of a recipe originally submitted by an Allrecipes home cook.
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/8 of pie)
Per Serving: 289 calories; 16.6 g fat; 31.7 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 179 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was a dissapointing pie, while eating it all I could think of was how it just tasted like spenda and strawberries......If Im going to go through the effort of making a pie I will use a more...
This recipe is very user-friendly. The pie is firm and tasty. We were very pleased with the results and will use it often.